Clallam MRC Documents
The NW Straits Commission is a regional coordinating body which supports seven county-based Marine Resources Committees. Listed below are documents pertaining to the work of the NW Straits Commission and Clallam MRC.
- 2019-24 CMRC Strategic Plan
- 2014-18 CMRC Strategic Plan.pdf
- 2009-13 CMRC Strategic Plan
- 2013 Resolution 51.pdf
- 2007 Clallam MRC Bylaws.pdf
- FY2017 CMRC Workplan
- FY2016 CMRC Workplan.pdf
- FY2015 CMRC Workplan.pdf
Resources by Topic
- MESA 1979. “Food Web Relationships of the Northern Puget Sound and the Strait of Juan de Fuca,” September 1979. This document is too large to be uploaded on this website. The document is available by contacting Helle Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MESA 1981 “Evaluation of Existing Marine Intertidal and Shallow Subtidal Biologic Data” April 1981. This document is too large to be uploaded on this website. The document is available by contacting Helle Andersen at email@example.com.
- Norris and Fraser 2009. Eelgrass Mapping in Crescent Bay, Freshwater Bay Port Angeles Harbor and Dungeness Bay.
- Norris and Fraser 2007. Eelgrass Mapping Along the Elwha Nearshore.
- Brown et al 2011. Long-term monitoring, nearshore Elwha and Salt Creek Beach Seining and Ichthyofauna Assessment of the Nearshore Environment 2010-2011.
- Christie et al 1212. Effective Size of Wild Salmonid Population is Greatly Reduced by Hatchery Supplementation.
- Washington State Surf Smelt Fact Sheet.
- Andersen 2013. Assessment of the Intertidal Benthic Invertebrate Communities along the Shores of the Central Strait of Juan de Fuca, Prior to the Elwha Dam Removal.
- Nyblad 1979. The Intertidal and Shallow Subtidal Benthos of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Spring 1977 - Winter 1978.
- Sheffler Environmental 2008. MRC-MESA Pilot Field Project.
- Garcia-Cegarra et al 2018. Statistical Dependence for Detecting Whale-Watching Effects on Humpback Whales. Journal of Wildlife Management · November 2018.
- MESA 1978. “Marine Mammals of the Northern Puget Sound and the Strait of Juan De Fuca” November 1, 1977-October 31, 1978. This document is too large to be uploaded on this website. The document is available by contacting Helle Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Puget Sound Marine Waters
- Puget Sound Marine Waters 2014 Overview. This pdf file is too large for the CMRC website. The document is available by contacting Helle Andersen at email@example.com or download it online.
- Clallam County Shoreline Master Plan.
- Finlayson 2006. The Geomorphology of Puget Sound Beaches.
- Gelfenbaum et al. 2009. Modeling Sediment Transport and Delta Morphology on the Dammed Elwha River, WA.
- Kaminsky et al. 2014. Mapping and Monitoring Bluff Erosion with Boat-based LIDAR and the Development of a Sediment Budget and Erosion Model for the Elwha and Dungeness Littoral Cells, Clallam County, Washington.
- Parks et al. 2013. Nearshore Drift-Cell Sediment and Ecological Function for Forage Fish.
- Shaffer et al. 2008. Nearshore Restoration of the Elwha River through Removal of the Elwha and Glines Canyon Dams: An Overview.
- Warrick et al. 2009. Beach Morphology and Changes along the Mixed Grain-Size Delta of Dammed Elwha River, WA.
Oil Spill Resources
- Geographic Response Plan for Strait of Juan de Fuca
- Clark et al. Long-term chemical and biological effects of a persistent oil spill following the grounding of the General M.C. Meigs